*Meets begin promptly at 6:00 PM and conclude between 9:00 and 10:30 (end time depends on the size of the pool and the size of each swim team)
*For Home meets we warm up at 5:00 promptly so please be at the pool by 4:30 PM
*For Away Meets we will warm up at 5:30 promptly, so please arrive by 5:00 PM
*All relays are main events
*Individual events begin with a main heat and the top 3 finishers score points.
*Main events are followed by group heats with all the remaining swimmers.
*Coaches determine which swimmers will be in Main Events.
Swim Meet Preparation
1. Wear the team swim suit and swim cap to all meets
2. Bring at least 2 towels. Your swimmer will want one to sit on and one to dry off with
3. Bring dinner, snack and drinks to the meet for your family's needs. There will be food options available as well and these options will be communicated via email prior to ever swim meet.
4. Bring folding chairs as seating space is limited
5. Younger swimmers should bring cards and games to play while waiting
6. Meets can be delayed or postponed due to thunder and lighting but please stay and wait for announcements on cancellations or delays. We will also use the texting service called Remind to update you as well.
7. Cheer for the Quail Hollow Amberjacks throughout the entire meet
8. Clean up your trash throughout the meet especially in the swim team corner
9. No glass at the pool
10. Home Meets require almost 50 volunteers and 40 volunteers for away meets so PLEASE sign up for parent volunteer positions
11. For home swim meets, swimmers have a mini pep rally with the coaches before the meet begins outside of the clubhouse. The kids will do a few cheers and then parade onto the pool deck together where they will gather around the deep end. They will do one more cheer before the coaches bellyflop into the pool.
12. Swimmers must participate in the Time Trials or be timed by a coach before or after a practice so that coaches can appropriately seed the first swim meet.
Swim Meet Events
1. Medley Relay - 7/8 boys, 7/8 girls, 9/10 boys, 9/10 girls, 11/12 boys, 11/12 girls, 13/14 boys, 13/14 girls, 15-18 boys, 15-18 girls
2. Freestyle – 6 & Under Boys, 6 & under Girls, 7/8 boys, 7/8 girls, 9/10 boys, 9/10 girls, 11/12 boys, 11/12 girls, 13/14 boys, 13/14 girls, 15-18 boys, 15-18 girls
3. Backstroke - Same
4. Breast stroke - Same
5. Butterfly - 7/8 boys, 7/8 girls, 9/10 boys, 9/10 girls, 11/12 boys, 11/12 girls, 13/14 boys, 13/14 girls, 15-18 boys, 15-18 girls
6. Freestyle Relay - 7/8 boys, 7/8 girls, 9/10 boys, 9/10 girls, 11/12 boys, 11/12 girls, 13/14 boys, 13/14 girls, 15-18 boys, 15-18 girls
Concessions for our HOME meets!
This year we are excited to offer our swimmers, families and guest options from several food trucks:
- Sunset Slush will be at every home meet.
- Jessica's Food Truck will be here for our meet against Lake Park on 7/2. https://jessicasfoodtruck.weebly.com/
- Jonesy's Concessions will be here for our meets against Harrington Grove on 6/11 and Stonebridge on 7/9. https://www.jonesysconcession.com/